Owncloud apps?

Put support questions regarding OPI here. Examples are hardware related issues and other questions that are specific to OPI.
murtagh

Owncloud apps?

Post by murtagh » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:50 am

Are the stock Owncloud apps supposed to work with OPI? I am having issues with the iOS client connecting to it. It will not pass the server connection check during the sign-in process.

A debugging fact that I do not think is relevant is I am having the router issues mentioned in . I can reach the OPI by IP fine, but using the appropiate IP addresses on this bug does not seem to help

murtagh

Post by murtagh » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:54 am

I put a hypelink to http://community.openproducts.com/forum ... y-opiname/ in the above post that does not seem to have published well. This looks like a forums issue. I chose the link button, and pasted the URL there.

tor

Post by tor » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:11 am

Hi again murtagh,

The stock applications should work. Usually there are two problems that we have noted.

One is that we don't install OC in the "default" expected location. You can read a bit on that here: installing-owncloud-desktop-client

Beyond that there could be issues on accepting the certificates on the SSL connection.

We have, up until now, only had time testing the OC application on Linux and Windows so any input in how they work on IOS or other devices is very interesting.

/Tor

murtagh

Post by murtagh » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:26 am

Fixing the server address to the https://%OPI_NAME%.op-i.me/oc/ did get me a touch farther in that it is making the initial "preconnection" check and passing. However, when I enter my credentials, I get a dialog box saying "It is not possible to connect to the server at this time." My instinct says it is a certificate problem, but... it is just too generic of a dialog box. I will keep working the problem from my end, but I could use some help finding where the logs are on the OPI that would log a failed attempt to connect.

Using the same info, I can log in from a windows client.

Murtagh

tor

Post by tor » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:16 am

Ok, then there obviously is some difference between the IOS version of OC-apps and the other platforms. I will see if its possible to test this on my old Mac Mini i have here.

Regarding logs, these are somewhat tough to get to without shell access atm.

I will think about how to solve this. In the mean time could you please open a support issue, support@openproducts.com, on this to let us investigate this a bit more efficient.

/Tor