Chrome won't accept certificate

Put support questions regarding OPI here. Examples are hardware related issues and other questions that are specific to OPI.
Christian

Chrome won't accept certificate

Post by Christian » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:10 am

Hi,

After register setting up my opi name the server redirects me to https:://%opiname%.op-i.me/admin but Chrome stops the view and say "Your connection is not private".
"...The website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials."
And a lot about that a hacker is probably doing an attack at the moment and it will probably work later. There is no override option as there usually are when using unsigned certificates, at the bottom there is only "NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID".

When looking at the certificate (clicking the lock icon) it say that "This certificate was signed by an untrusted issuer".

So I cant find any way around this, with one of the most used web browsers in the world.

Please help!

tor

Post by tor » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:59 pm

Hi Christian,

Sorry for the late reply.

Chrome actually have a quite ugly wording on certificates not trusted. The exact wording above I'm actually not familiar with. It usually is "Attackers might be trying to steal your information from ...."

When this happens it is usually enough to click advanced and "Proceed to XXXX (unsafe)" But this obviously not what you are seeing then.

Could you provide me with the certificate information that you are bumping into?

(If you prefer, get in touch with us at support@openproducts.com)

Best Regards,

/Tor