How long Does First Start-up Take?

Put support questions regarding OPI here. Examples are hardware related issues and other questions that are specific to OPI.
g8kbz

How long Does First Start-up Take?

Post by g8kbz » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:43 pm

I'm attempting fisrt setup, and my OPI has got to Right amd Middle LEDs on solid. No sign of the left LED flashing yet, and it's been at least 10 minutes.

Is there any indication of how long this takes?
Or is something wrong? Firewall, perhaps? or uPNP not working?

Be it noted, I am paranoid about router settings.

Geoff

pa

Post by pa » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:53 pm

Hi Geoff,

Being paranoid is one of the reasons for the OPI to exist...

When the right and middle leds are solid, the left should immediately start to flash. You can either try to run the setup anyway, not that I can explain why, but maybe the "flash" command did not take, or just try to power cycle the unit.

Either way, I would appreciate an update so that we know that we either still have a problem or that we can close the issue.

/PA

g8kbz

Post by g8kbz » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:05 pm

I'm an idiot.

Research in my router settings showed UPnP was off, so I enabled it, and rebooted the OPI. Still no joy.

So I put the OPI on a fixed IP within my local, private, scope and forwarded port 443 to it, manually.

After reloading the setup page (not just <F5> refresh) all tests were passed and setup is now proceeding.

Thanks for the quick reply.

G

g8kbz

Post by g8kbz » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:25 pm

Well, I thought it did...

I created a master password, set my op-i name, created my first user (me, of course!) and...

BANG! Unknown error.

Then I discovered that my fixed IP assignment hadn't taken - assuming that I reassigned the correct MAC address...

Now retrying setup fails at HTTPS access. But this is most likely a problem internal to my network, so I will continue investigating, and report back.

G

pa

Post by pa » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Hi Geoff,

I has been a while, I just wanted to see if you have been able continue with you OPI?

/PA