Factory reset?

Put support questions regarding OPI here. Examples are hardware related issues and other questions that are specific to OPI.
WZot

Factory reset?

Post by WZot » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:03 am

Just got the OPI in the mail today, got it up and running fast. Looking great! So far so good!

However, seems like I have managed to break something; resetting (power cycling) it I managed to eject the SD card. I put it back in, but now it seems like all contact is lost with the OPI and it doesn't want to boot. Only the rightmost light is on and it doesn't seem to go past boot. I tried to restart the setup etc. Network seems to work fine and power should be OK (connected to iPad adapter).

I guess a factory reset or something like that should do the trick (I haven't really put anything on it yet so that's not an issue. How would I go about doing that? Or do you have any tips on what else I can do to get it back up and running? Format the SD card?

tor

Post by tor » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi WZot,

Sorry for the late reply.

If the middle LED isn't blinking OPI is unable to boot for some reason.

Start by trying to boot completely without the µSD card attached. If the unit still does not boot try reinstalling OPI and see if that resloves the situation.

I have just completed writing a howto on doing so here (Re)Installing OPI

/Tor

WZot

Post by WZot » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:14 am

The OPI seems to react better now, but still having some issues. Perhaps I am being too impatient with the setup process. :-) I will look into it further this weekend.

WZot

Post by WZot » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:00 am

That seems to have done the trick! I am now up and running, sweet! :-)

There seems to be something wrong with the backup though, I'll make another post on that (cronjob notification).