My MS Windows ownCloud clients were complaining about OPI server being too old, and recently fully refused to synchronize. This pushed me towards OPI-to-Kinguard upgrade. I tried to do it yesterday:
- backup of OPI was made on USB memory
- new SD card with Kinguard image was prepared
- Kinguard SD card was booted, but the system failed to install and operate (see my second post for details)
OK, it happens. I did not want to live without my OPI email account, so I inserted the old OPI SD card and attempted to boot the old system. But ... it failed!
This was a nasty surprise I must say. The properly closed system booted again as ... a fresh new install of OPI.
GUI window asking for OPI Activation Code and for setting Master Password was displayed: Two questions:
- what is the fastest way to fully recover my old OPI system and to start getting emails back again?
- why OPI recovery (via entering the old, original SD card) is not stateless and leads to such strange results?