OPI half-bricked after the upgrade

Put support questions regarding OPI here. Examples are hardware related issues and other questions that are specific to OPI.
DarS

Post by DarS » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:43 am

Yes, I do confirm - my OPI behaves exactly the same (btw, thanks Jeremy for testing this scenario).

The 'apt-get install --reinstall opi-webfrontend' reinstall did nothing spectacular to my OPI (apart from knowledge that the $PATH needs to be taken care of :-) ). I still had 'missing files' errors in log and spinning circle/clock on user interface.

But when I followed Jeremy's advice and removed USER from all GROUPS, I could login and see all emails, calendar, contacts and files.

WHAT WORKS
For USER not being in any GROUP, I see that all functions work as expected:
- USER email, calendar, contact and files are accessible via web interface (although '/var/log/nginx' still logs info about missing files and PHP error)
- USER ownCloud client syncs flawlessly, no more 'internal server error' messages
- ADMIN email, calendar, contact and files are ... accessible via web interface as well. Note what happened - only the USER was removed from all GROUPS. For obvious reasons ADMIN user remained in 'admin' group. And despite this the ADMIN web interface begun to work well again!
- ADMIN email, calendar, contact and files ceases its operation when USER belongs to any GROUP.

So I can confirm now that I can live with the workaround, no real problem at this time.

Regards,
-DarS