Can't access OPI

Put support questions regarding OPI here. Examples are hardware related issues and other questions that are specific to OPI.
jonas

Can't access OPI

Post by jonas » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:32 am

Hi,

My OPI began the startup process just fine, I entered the encryption password and it started initializing. After a minute or so, I got an "unknown error". I don't recall the exact error message.

Tried a second time, this time accessing the OPI on my local LAN instead of using the op-i.me address. Same thing happened.

Now, when I boot, the two rightmost LEDs go solid, and the leftmost LED has a "double-flash" heartbeat. It registers in my DHCP server and gets an IP address but it doesn't respond on the HTTP/HTTPS ports or ping (on the local LAN IP).

Can you tell me what has happened?

Jonas

tor

Post by tor » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:58 am

Hi Jonas,

Sorry for the problems with your OPI and the somewhat late reply.

The current LED setup would indicate that the unit is waiting for a master password to unlock the unit. The big question then would be why the unit wont respond on http(s) requests.

It would have been nice to get some more information on the error you saw. But i would assume that something has gone wrong with the SD-card setup.

Could you start by reformatting the SD-card in a PC, any filesystem will do, and retry the setup?

If this does not work and you feel confident you could also try reinstalling the unit and reformat the SD card to get an absolute clean start again.

Don't hesitate contacting us in support@openproducts.com for further assistance.

/Tor

jonas

Post by jonas » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:19 pm

Hi Tor,

Reformatting the uSD didn't help.
Reinstalling the OPI got me back to where I started: I can access the OPI, but initialization fails.
After a few minutes "initializing", I get the following error message:

Error - Unable to retrieve status
OPI replied with an unknown error

When I click Shutdown OPI -> Reboot, I get the login screen again, enter the serial number and same password, and get the same error screen, this time immediately, with no "initializing" delay.

The behavior is very similar to what's described in the last update of the thread "How long Does First Start-up Take?"

Jonas

tor

Post by tor » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi again Jonas,

Sorry not getting back until now and sorry to hear that you still are experiencing problems :(

One more thing that might shed some light on this issue. When you see the error page, could you please change the URL to http://"opi-address"/status and see what, if any, error message you get. This is the address that the web-page polls for status updates.

Best Regards,

/Tor

jonas

Post by jonas » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:39 am

Hi Tor,

It stopped responding again, soon after I got the error message.
I have to reinstall it again, I suppose.
But it will have to wait until tomorrow, I'm afraid.

Jonas