OPI doesnt save SMTP-Settings

Put support questions regarding OPI here. Examples are hardware related issues and other questions that are specific to OPI.
InitialT

OPI doesnt save SMTP-Settings

Post by InitialT » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi Tor and Pa,

i cant send Mails via OPI directly (through the Spam restrictions), so i have to use the SMTP-Server from my Mailprovider, but OPI allways lost the settings.

In the Mail Dialog "E-mail Configuration -> Send Mail", when i do check "Use Custom SMTP Settings" the dialog said "Saved!" but the Admin-Application loses the settings.

Thank you
Thomas

tor

Post by tor » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:11 pm

Hi Thomas,

Strange, i use this setting myself and it works fine for me. But this is most likely a bug. Could you tell me which fields you enter and which fields that does not stick?

Or if you prefer email us on support@openproducts.com and we will try help you out asap.

/Tor

tor

Post by tor » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:17 pm

Just an update here. This issue should be resolved with the 1.1 update.

/Tor

tehcog

Post by tehcog » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:59 pm

I have experienced this issue under 1.1, as well as the backup failure. I noticed that OPI could not read the SD cards that (I assume) had previously been mounted volumes. I vaguely remember reading somewhere (some linux forum) about some special trick (in fstab?) to keep a volumes mounted (auto remount?) in case something goes wrong. Sorry, but I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous.

Regards

tor

Post by tor » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:17 am

Hi Tehcog,

This sounds strange. Could you elaborate on what went wrong? The SD card should always be mounted during normal operation. (It is mounted when you unlock the system)

/Tor

tehcog

Post by tehcog » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:06 pm

Tor,

OPI was working fine in the evening. When I got up in the morning, the left LED had a red heartbeat. When I got home from work that day, the red heartbeat was still present. I logged on as admin and went to the administration page. I noticed that custom smtp settings that I had entered were no longer visible in the ui. I tried toggling the custom settings with no luck. They would no "re-appear". I went to the backup configuration and there was no progress meter visible for disk space used as there had been before. I toggled the backup setting on and then back on. Nothin happened. I tried to reboot OPI and got a message about not being able to read the SD card (not sure what the message was as this is from my memory). I pulled the power, popped out the SD cards, and for want of anything better to do, wiped off the contacts and re-inserted them. I rebooted OPI and it has been running correctly ever since then.

Hope this helps

tor

Post by tor » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:38 am

Hi Tehcog,

The symptoms you describe and the solution matches an SD card that is not detected or have slipped out a bit from the card reader.

We have noticed that in some situations this can happen.

The solution is as you found out your self. Power down OPI re-insert the µSD and reboot.

This is problem is not connected to the other smtp-problem we had. That was a pure bug on our behalf.

Best Regards,

/Tor