Update OPI to Kinguard

Put support questions regarding OPI here. Examples are hardware related issues and other questions that are specific to OPI.
murtagh

Update OPI to Kinguard

Post by murtagh » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:10 am

I attempted to update my OPI to the new Kinguard 16.04 release. I was able to flash the downloaded image to my SD card, but when I plug the SD card back into the OPI, I get an error condition.

1) LED #1 comes on at power on.
2) @ 5Sec, LED #2 comes on.
3) @ 10Sec, LEDs #2 and #3 start blinking in sync at about 1hz
4) @4:30, device shuts down.

I suspect the OPI is saying the image on the SD card is invalid in some way, but I am at a loss on how to proceed.

pa

Re: Update OPI to Kinguard

Post by pa » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:39 am

This seems correct.

The dual flash is indicating that the installer is running and it shuts down the unit when it is done.

To proceed, use a new sd-card (or format /erase the old) since the Kinguard 18.06 release is not compatible with the dataformat of the old sd-card. Too many updates....

Be aware that restoring the backup to OPI will take quite a long time, a 10GB backup will need to run over night, so please also leave the browser running during that time.

/PA

murtagh

Re: Update OPI to Kinguard

Post by murtagh » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:43 pm

Okay, I see the loop I got myself in. I used the SD card to flash the image, but needed to clear the SD card for the OPI to utilize.

Thanks!